India vs Australia: SKY finally showed what he can do in ODIs by scoring 50 out of 49. His 80 runs with Rahul brought India close to a big win.
India vs Australia: Mohammed Shami took five wickets as Australia were 276 all out in Mohali. India then started well as spinner Shubman Gill and Ruturaj Gaikwad scored half-centuries to take India to 142 in quick succession. When the match slipped away, Australia hit back, Adam Zampa scoring two goals and Shreyas Iyer scoring an unlucky finish. A 34-run partnership between Ishan Kishan and KL Rahul established India’s chase before Pat Cummins dismissed the young Indian wicketkeeper. With 89 needed from 99, the onus is now on Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav to get India through. SKY finally showed what he can do in the ODI format, keeping away from flashy shots until he scored a half-century. He was 50 for 49 when he dropped Sean Abbott, but his 80-run stand with Rahul in 85 balls took India to the brink of victory.
Australia had earlier been buoyed by a superb half-century from David Warner, who put on a 94-run partnership with Steve Smith for the second wicket, before India clawed their way back into the game. Ravindra Jadeja and Mohammed Shami stepped in at crucial stages to give India two much-needed hits. Marnus Labuschagne then fell quite badly to Ravichandran Ashwin, after which rain interrupted play for a few minutes. Cameron Green and Josh Inglis looked to be holding the fort long after the restart until the former ran out thanks to a disastrous mix-up with his partner. Then Marcus Stoinis and Inglis went to the counter. The pair scored 62 from just 43 balls before Stoinis fell to Shami. Shami completed his five-wicket haul by taking two wickets in the second last over of Australia’s innings. Pat Cummins hit 21 runs from nine balls to end Australia’s favour. Adam Zampa was run out the last ball and Australia were 276 from 50 overs.
- Chasing 277, India started emphatically as openers Shubman Gill and Ruturaj Gaikwad set the tone with a 142-run partnership. -Adam Zampa dismissed both Gaikwad and Gill and India sank further when Shreyas Iyer was run out.
- KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav then resumed their chase to score 80 runs in the middle, with India needing just over 50 runs to win. – SKY finally showed what he can do in ODI cricket with a 49-ball 50 and his partnership with Rahul took India to the brink of victory.
- State captain Rahul won the toss and chose to bowl against Australia in Mohali.
- David Warner and Steve Smith added a partnership of 94 for Australia’s second wicket.
- Ravindra Jadeja gave India a major breakthrough with the wicket of Warner, after which Shami sent back Smith.
- There was a slight rain delay after which Cameron Green and his partner Josh Inglis crashed in the race. – When Australia scored a quick wicket, Shami completed his five-point contribution. India vs Australia: Rahul ends it with a six, India win by 5 runs India vs Australia Live Score: Six off the very next ball and India’s vice-captain finished the job in style. Rahul finished the match unbeaten on 58 from 63. The game ended with a hard hit down the ground. Finally a comprehensive win for the hosts and they take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series. India vs Australia: FIFTY FOR HEAVEN! India vs Australia Live Score: It would be a sight for sore eyes of Rahul Dravid, Rohit Sharma, Ajit Agarkar and other team leaders. The only justification for being in the SKY World Cup squad was his obvious brilliance in T20Is. This change could be just what India needs and what SKY needed to begin with. Imagine if there is an ODI version of Suryakumar Yadav playing in the World Cup for India.